Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

I have a lot to be grateful for this year. I spent more time on the water than ever. I became friends with the waxwings. I  felt blessed by every trout I caught. I was invigorated with every watched sunrise and reflected at more sunsets. I learned that I had been my neglecting the need for my heart to break from the hustle and bustle to hear nature's whisper. To find peace.

It can be hard to convince others of the intrinsic value of the time spent communing with nature. It's about conquering this mountain, bagging a trophy, or even an exercise. We break near perfection to fulfill our selfish needs. Too much time viewing the earth as something that must be conquered. I hope we as a species can learn to express our gratitude for the earth that bares and sustains us.

No comments:

Post a Comment